The Lab Gym’s EXTREME BOOTCAMP-Tuesday 12/24/13
Chest, Back, Hams, Etc
Warm up: Bootcamp JTLC: Catbacks x10*3, flying posture hold x3*10, Is x5*3, Tsx5*3, As x5*3, hip bridge x10*3, squat and hold for 30 sec…then into JTLC: Bootcamp JTLC (note: only 5 reps of each movement), after bw squats hit another 30n sec squat and hold, then jumping jacks, then have them run to grand and back. (~10 min)
Circuit 1:(7 sets of 5 reps: Wave 2, Week 3/3)*try to match or beat last week’s numbers (20 min, 30 min into class)
A1) Deadlift: 7 sets of 5 reps (first 2-3 sets are warm-ups).
A2) Bench Press: 7 sets of 5 reps (first 2-3 sets are warm-ups).
A3) Ring Rows (options-feet: bent>straight>box w/ normal temp &b bw>3 sec pause>4 sec negative>both>+weight>all): 7 sets of 5 reps (use band or jumping Pullups w/controlled full range eccentric of 4 seconds. If can add weight, do it)
Skill: Kipping Pullups: 20 on 10 off for ~5+ min (or 30/30, 15/15, etc)
1) Optional: (Floor kick x5 x2 sets)
2) Swing (in, out, in) x15-30s x 2 sets
3) +jump (in, out, in, jump) x15-30s x 2 sets
- a. If difficulty, feet on floor/box to guide & jump from
4) Optional progression: (+hold at top) or step 3. x 15-30s x 2 sets
5) Optional progression: +push away or steps 3 or 4. x 15-30s x 2 sets
6) Optional progression: string reps together or steps 3,4,5. x 15-30s x 2-3 sets
- Optional regression at any time: add band to feet
Circuit 1 : 10 min cap
25, 20, 15, 10, 5
Box Jumps (step-ups r&l=1, bw squats x2 reps)
Circuit 2: 10 min cap
12 Days of Pullups;)
w/partner complete FBT rounds of 12>1 (-1) for pullups (strict>kip>band>jumping)
(Basic Bootcamp stretch(10 seconds each): LOWER-cobra, prone quad-r/l, half kneeling hip flexor, pigeon, standing hamstring, calf. UPPER-Arm across (shoulder, trap, rhomboid), down the middle (triceps, shoulder), over the top (lat), grab and turn away (chest, shoulder, bi), clasp hand open shoulder blades forward, overhead, behind the back.