The Lab Gym’s EXTREME BOOTCAMP-Tuesday 11/5/13
Chest, Back, Hams, Etc
Warm up: Bootcamp JTLC: Catbacks x10*3, flying posture hold x3*10, Is x5*3, Tsx5*3, As x5*3, hip bridge x10*3, squat and hold for 30 sec…then into JTLC: Bootcamp JTLC (note: only 5 reps of each movement), after bw squats hit another 30n sec squat and hold, then jumping jacks, then have them run to grand and back. (~10 min)
Circuit 1: (7 sets of 5 reps: Wave 3, Week 2/3)*try to match or beat last week’s numbers (20 min, 30 min into class)
A1) Deadlift: 7 sets of 5 reps (first 2-3 sets are warm-ups).
A2) Bench Press: 7 sets of 5 reps (first 2-3 sets are warm-ups).
A3) Ring Rows (options-feet: bent>straight>box w/ normal temp &b bw>3 sec pause>4 sec negative>both>+weight>all): 7 sets of 5 reps (use band or jumping Pullups w/controlled full range eccentric of 4 seconds. If can add weight, do it)
Skill Practice: Muscle Ups (rotate w/partner)
1) 2 Rounds: Feet on floor Ring MU: ‘row, flip, push’ x5
2) 3 Rounds: Feet on floor Ring MU: ‘row, flip, push’ x5 w/10 sec negative from top down (5 sec from top to row transition, 5 sec from top to bottom of row).
- Optional Progression: feet off of floor for negative)
3) 1 Round: x1 rep w/30 sec negative
Tabata, 8 min, 2 min per exercise
2) High plank w/rest of flying superman
4) Pullup negatives (>flexed arm hand>dead hang)
DU/Jump rope: 30 on 15 off
1) Short SU
2) High SU
3) DU test/practice
4) Optional progression: SU to DU strings (1+SU then DU alternating) or 1, 2, 3.
5) Optional progression: DU string (string together as many in a row as possible) or, 3, 4.
6) Optional progression: DU string (string together as many in a row as possible) or, 3, 4.
7) Optional progression: DU string (string together as many in a row as possible) or, 3, 4.
8) Max reps for 60 sec
STRETCH! (~5 min if time)
(Basic Bootcamp stretch(10 seconds each): LOWER-cobra, prone quad-r/l, half kneeling hip flexor, pigeon, standing hamstring, calf. UPPER-Arm across (shoulder, trap, rhomboid), down the middle (triceps, shoulder), over the top (lat), grab and turn away (chest, shoulder, bi), clasp hand open shoulder blades forward, overhead, behind the back.